Need help?


Recipients are referred to Houses into Homes through social service agencies. If you are in need of beds, furniture, or other household items, and are working with a social worker or case worker with one of the agencies listed below, please contact them to request they make a referral for you. Houses into Homes does not take self-referrals. Agencies that are not on the list can contact us to discuss becoming a referring agency.

Department of Correctional Services


Families Inc/Johnson County Family Drug Treatment Court

Faith Academy

Goodwill of the Heartland

Inside Out Reentry

Iowa City Community School District Student & Family Advocates

Johnson County General Assistance

Johnson County Mental Health/Disability Services

Johnson County Social Services

PATH program at Abbe Center for Community Mental Health

Shelter House

United Action for Youth

DSC_0527 copy.jpg